EDIT: PAGE FOR “GET EMMIE SKINNY” IS HERE– CHECK OUT VIDEO, AND SEND TO FRIENDS!
To get out of being bummed that The Biggest Loser didn't pick me for season 10, I want to create my own Biggest Loser or Ruby-type environment. What does this mean? Well, I do pretty good on food. My good friend Lizzie is a caterer and she does a fantastic job of helping me break out of the rut with low-carb deliciousness. I also can do pretty well myself in making sure my food is on-pointe.
My big problem is exercise.
I'm very big. VERY big. Not as big as I used to be, but still, morbidly obese- very big!
I want to assemble a collection of methods, trainers, groups and/or gyms to help me discover exercise. Back in the day (when I was 18), I was an aerobics instructor. I taught kickboxing and step aerobics at fat camp. Yes, I was 220 pounds, but damn I was healthy. I could teach 3x a day, no problem. I want to get back to that shape. I NEED YOUR HELP.
There are SO MANY programs and activities I'd like to try in my quest to become fit. I need help busting these excuses:
- Someone my size can't do that
- Oh my gosh the instructor/trainer will laugh their ass off at me
- People are going to judge me
- I'll die if I try to do that
Even more so, I want to BUST these excuses for others out there. I want to show them that they can do it too. The whole “if I can do it, you can do it” adage would never ring so true.
I need people to help me make this happen. Gyms, trainers, fitness professionals, friends. I NEED YOU.
What I don't have? Buckets-of-money to join all these places and to assemble a team. I can't budget several hundred dollars a month on this project.
What I do have?
- Lots of readers: I would blog about the business/trainer/gym/activity. I will link your site and your information in my blog posts. What I can't do is lie. I retain full control over the content and reviews.
- Twitter followers: Over 1500 of them that will see your posts and your name when I'm publishing the blog posts
- A Flip Video camera: If you want, we can even videotape part of the session/activity and do a short interview. I will edit the video and post with the blog post. I will put it on YouTube to enhance your search engine results
- PASSION. I have passion. I want this. I need this. This is YOUR opportunity to show the world your talents as a gym/trainer/instructor/fitness guru
I want a team. I want people who WANT to help others. I want people who will commit to helping me for more than one time. This is no “wham-bam-thank-you-mam” deal. I know that time=money, but please consider the value of the exposure over just cold, hard cash.
What else do I need? Fat Buddies! Ok, so you don't have to be fat. You just have to want to help. How can you help?
- Join the program and at least once weekly comment on what you did to improve your fitness, or link to a blog post explaining what you did
- General encouragers- sometimes an “atta girl” goes a long way
- Advocates- people to help me spread the word locally to get trainers/gyms/etc to want to help me
Things I've wanted to try:
- Regular personal training sessions
- Pure Barre
- Different gyms
- A boot camp
- TRX training
- Training like an athlete- sports endurance and such
I know I'm asking a lot. This could go over like a big thud. Who knows.
If you're a fitness provider/company offering services in the Lexington, KY area who wants more info on this program, visit this page on my site and fill out the form. I will contact you to open up a conversation of what kind of arrangement we can make.
If you're someone who is willing to cheer me on and be a “Fat Buddy” (or unfat buddy), PLEASE COMMENT below! I want to show fitness practitioners that we have an army of people who are cheering for this to work.
Muchas gracias- xoxo