Hi friends, I’m still chewing on my whole body image/weight perception question from the other day. Have gotten a lot of great comments about the subject.
Lots of things I want to write about, but don’t have the energy today, so I’m going to keep you waiting 😉 Instead, ramblings for today:
Had my 3rd session with Trainer Rob at Lexington Athletic Club on Saturday. Can we say butt kicked? But it a good way. Seriously. He was really pleased with my progress as I had to go noticeably faster and at higher incline to get my heart rate up to the proper levels. Even I could tell the difference in the way my body responded to the exercise. It’s the first time in this process that I have actually FELT like I KNOW I’m getting fit.
- Worked out this morning (medium intensity) and have felt a little sluggish since then. My body is tired and my mind is tried. I have to get some work done today, so no rest for the weary! Bring on the coffee!
- Happy Fathers Day to all the pops out there. I haven’t written about my dad much here before. He lives in Nebraska, and we don’t talk very much- no bad blood or anything, he’s just not the chatty-shoot-the-shit kind of person (and frankly, neither am I). I think it is cultural also- he’s from Hong Kong and the father/daughter relationship is just different than here in the US. Again, nothing bad at all, just different!
- My leg swelling and water retention is getting a little better. Still having some issues, but I’m confident my body will sort it self out sooner or later. Not posting a weigh in tomorrow because of said issues.
- Per Trainer Rob, adding 1 day of weight training to my 3 days of cardio this week (plus my 1 day with him, so 5 days total). Lord help me get my schedule together. Need to remember my PRIORITIES!
- I updated my 101 in 1001 list- check it out! Knocked 3 things off, removed 1, and have another 2 scheduled to finish soon.
That’s all I’ve got for now. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!