If you've read this blog for any period of time, you probably already know that I have a major issue with the lack of plus size workout clothes available today (save for the ENELL Sport Bra, which you all know I pimp like I invented it). Why is it so difficult to have well made performance activewear for plus sizes? Where is the style, comfort, and function?!
Katie, owner of Taffy Activewear, contacted me to see if I wanted to try a workout outfit from their line. I honestly hadn't heard of it before, and jumped at the chance to hopefully find another option for cute plus size workout clothes. I reviewed the Double Layer Tank and Yoga Pant (I'm wearing both in Large, 22/24)
The pictures above are post-workout, so apologies for rocking the sweaty look.
- Loved the fabric. It was light, but not see-thru, and it maintained its shape.
- Length of the top was good. I have a long torso and a belly, so I appreciated that the top had some length on it in the torso.
- Liked the wide shoulder straps to hide the sports bra.
- Felt cute in the outfit – that's major, right?
- The pants were pretty long. I'm 5'10, but with stubby legs. I didn't have a problem with shoes on, but they're still pretty long. They look like they'd be easy to hem.
- I should have washed it before wearing it (what can I say, I'm lazy). I had some black fuzzies stick to my sweaty skin post workout, but one trip in the washing machine and it's been completely fine since then.
I give major props to someone like Katie who recognized a gap in the market and is working to address it. Seriously – that's awesome. They're about to launch some new products, and I'll be first in line to get some. Can't wait to see what they come up with next.
Taffy is going to give away 1 entire outfit to one of you! There are a few different ways to enter, just follow the handy-dandy guide below.
Disclosure: The tank and pants were provided to me for review. The opinions and snazzy photos are all 100% me.