I've had a second to breathe this weekend, which was great. Over my birthday week (when I was in a dark place), I watched a million episodes of White Collar, which I'd never seen before. Loved it. Super sad when I ran out of episodes to watch. Yesterday I decided to try my hand at some episodes of Scandal, which was a great choice. What a great show!
Anyway, the vegging out time was great. This week is gearing up to be a hectic one.
To recap the week:
- The winner of the Gwynnie Bee membership is Nichole B. She's claimed her prize. Congrats girl!
- The winner of the Kiyonna $100 gift certificate giveaway is Shelby G. She's claimed her prize. Enjoy!
- The Fitbit Zip giveaway is still open until 4/18 at midnight.
- Workouts were really good. I'm in my ankle brace for my posterior tibial tendonitis (PTT) so it's meant having to modify some exercises in my training sessions, but that's okay. My post-workout selfies on Instagram told the story of my sessions at J&M Strength and Conditioning this week:
Monday: Welp that kind of sucked (got a little nauseated at the end and had to cut a set short)
Wednesday: Yee haw!
Friday: Sweaty satisfaction.
- I've had mega sugar cravings, but thankfully pushed past them – currently 8 day sugar free. This meant that I even had to pass on an ice cream birthday cake that was for me and my niece (joint family party). To compensate for everyone else eating it, I planned ahead and got a piece of no-sugar-added black cherry pie from a local bakery. It was a treat, but was a better alternative than ice cream cake. Also dodged during that birthday gathering: Chinese food. I brought a salad instead.
Around the web:
- On Spry Kitchen, I explored the mysteries of fermented foods. What are they, and why are they beneficial to health?
- Also on Spry Kitchen, I took a look at the benefits of bison versus beef or other animal proteins.
- On the ENELL Blog, there's a good introduction to Yoga – the dos and don'ts and what to expect.
- Also on the ENELL Blog, we look at the “no pain, no gain” belief – when is pain good, and when is it too much?
- Wonder what kind of workouts I do with my trainers? One of them, Molly Galbraith, did a great post with videos on two at-home body weight workouts. If you want a no fuss, effective workout without any equipment needed, this is an awesome blog post.
Last but not least, I was happy to see a mention of my Spry Kitchen blog for Spry Living promoted in their April 2013 print edition!
How was your week? Let me know in the comments.