While I realize “word dump” doesn't sound super sexy as a blog title, there wasn't really any other way to describe this post. I feel like I've been on a bit of a roller coaster lately: bits of slowness and a tough climb, the stomach-dropping free falls, the fun and carefree loops, and at the end of it, wondering how it went so quickly. (Seriously – can I get a rewind button to January 1st? 2016 is moving too quickly!) No vague posting here: I'm good. Life is just busy being life!
Things I want to say:
- Thank you, thank you, thank you for all the love on my recent body image post. Putting photos of yourself in your underwear isn't an easy thing to do, and the positivity I've received from not just the photos, but the message, has been incredible. (Side note: Now I have to wonder if people I go on dates with have already seen me in my underwear! How nerve-wracking is that??)
- I'm going on a European cruise later this summer with Karrah, my friend who was my divorceaversary fun partner in Las Vegas. We were thinking of creative ways to take photos with the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and all I could think of is that I want to do downward dog so it looks like my badonk knocked it over. Any other ideas? Leave them in the comments!
- Got to spend some time with my friends (and clients) at Gwynnie Bee in New York last week. While there, I learned that there's such a thing as lamb bacon, and it's delicious. Also? Delta can be a complete asshole – total of 10 hours of flight delays and changes for what should have been a total 3 hours of travel time on direct flights.
- Was reminded today (thanks, Facebook!) that it was 4 years ago that I left my last corporate job to start my business. I have some rambling thoughts about it if you hop over to my Snapchat.
Things I've read and loved:
- Loved this in the New York Times: “In a culture where most fat people in the media have missing heads — the anonymous, decapitated, interchangeable blobs whose photos accompany scary news stories about obesity — a fat woman with a voice can be threatening, not just to bullies, misogynists and anti-obesity crusaders, but to many of those who consider themselves to be enlightened, too. I sometimes think it would be easier to be one of those anonymous, headless fat people. But if you’re missing a head, you can’t speak up.” Read it here.
- This essay about Oprah and Weight Watchers by Caissie St. Onge was sent to me by at least 3 friends. And for good reason.
- Any other Downton Abbey fans out there? This is a funny recap of the latest episode on Tom & Lorenzo (spoilers!)
- This gave me #AllTheFeels last night:
2 final things:
- One more day to enter the #ShareRealFood giveaway with Larabar here
- Are there any topics you'd like me to write about? Burning questions? Random things? Want me to post cat memes? Let me know in the comments – maybe you can help me push past this writers block!