Hi there! I'm Emily Ho, a thirty-something
weight loss body positive fitness blogger, fashion lover, social media strategist, and writer. I started blogging as Skinny Emmie in 2009 as a weight loss blog. Over the years, I've lost weight, but most importantly, I've learned to love myself no matter what the size.
Many people find this blog looking for my weight loss progress. I've lost 110 pounds, but what I am focused on is living a healthy lifestyle with the body I have, and not hating it. Instead of focusing on losing weight, I am focused on gaining life. I spent so long looking at the scale for validation, and put my life on hold waiting for a certain number. Life is too short to feel inadequate or like you aren't enough.
Fitness and style are independent of size.
- I live in the land of fast horses, bourbon, and bluegrass: Lexington, KY
- I have an Airedale Terrier named Lilly. She makes lots of appearances on my Instagram.
- I have Hashimoto's, which is an autoimmune thyroid disorder. Basically, the immune system thinks the thyroid gland is a foreign object in your body, attacking it so it doesn’t function properly. I have been gluten free because of this since 2013.
- Recovering from binge eating disorder – binge free since 2012
- I'm a half marathoner, but screwed up my ankle so I stick to walking and strength & conditioning sessions
- I'm “whasian”: half caucasian, half Chinese.
- I am a social media strategist specializing in the fitness and fashion space. I am pretty obsessed with my work because it's so much fun.
- I've been fortunate enough to have people actually want to hear what I've got to say. Check out the highlights of various media appearances here.
- I'm currently writing a book. Woo, that's a lot of words!
Here's a list of some of my favorite posts throughout the years.
If you're crazy enough to want to read my ramblings chronologically, my archives are here.
Want to get in touch? As a social media addict, it's pretty easy to find me anytime!
- Twitter, Instagram, and Snapchat @authemmie
- More of a Facebook fan? Find me there also.
- I love to pin! Here's Pinterest
- More formal? Here's LinkedIn for you.
- Video person? Here's my YouTube channel.
- To keep tabs on my posts here, sign up to receive updates via RSS feed.
- Want to subscribe to my non-spammy emails? Awesome – subscribe here.
Need to reach me? Contact here, or by email: emmie (at) authenticallyemmie (dot) com.
Disclaimer: All the information presented on this blog is for entertainment purposes only. This blog is NOT a substitute for any advice given to you by your physician. Always consult your physician or health care provider before beginning any weightloss, nutrition or exercise program. Use of the programs, advice, and information contained in this website is at the sole choice and risk of the reader.