I received an email from one of my lovely readers asking if I had any advice on a plus size sports bras for those “well endowed” of us in the chest area. I have mentioned the Enell Bra in a couple of posts, but I realized I never really gave a honest-to-goodness review of one of the most critical pieces to my successful workouts: NO BOUNCE!
When you're plus sized, there are enough things on the body that unfortunately jiggle. My bust isn't even that big, and the pain that could come from too much bounce (in addition to it just being plain unattractive) would seriously hold my workouts back. I definitely would have a much harder time trying to jog or do anything else that is, uh, “bouncy.”
Why I love the Enell Bra:
- 2 words: Locked and Loaded
- Washes great and dries fast
- Doesn't “stretch out” as you wear it (aka “delayed droop”)
- Wide straps that can't fall off the shoulders
- Wide size range: 32C to 50DDD or 52DD
Things I don't like as much:
- The seams in the front are pretty noticeable under workout tees
- The front fastens high (to minimize bounce), which means it peeks out of some of my scoop-neck or v-neck workout shirts
- The back and straps are visible if you are someone who wears racerback-style tanks for workouts
All in all though, this bra is a winner. Every other sports bra in my collection feels like a training bra compared to this one.
If you want to check out these bras, I do have some tips:
- Make sure you measure yourself and order by the size chart. Very important
- Fasten the hooks starting at the bottom, and then you'll have to adjust “the girls” ever few hooks to get them where you want them
- Most likely it WILL feel tight when you first put it on. Remember, you WANT to feel “locked and loaded.”
They ARE a little pricey – around $66. But they will last. I have my first one from last June that I still wear every week. Even though it's a little loose now, it still does a great job. I buy mine from Always for Me because I already have an account (affiliate link), but you can also buy them from the Enell website.
No disclaimer needed here, other than the affiliate link. I love them majorly, but they did not sponsor this post or anything like that.