I just booked a trip to Mexico for later this summer, so of course I’m already dreaming of being on the beach in my swimsuit. If you follow me on Instagram, you likely already know I’m trying on suits. I’ve got 2 ready for my suitcase. (Sorry for the awkward selfies.) The chevron bikini is linked in my roundup below. The one piece was sold out, but there might be returns coming in, so search here.
This year there are SO.MANY gorgeous options for plus size swimsuits. My list of favorites is really, really long this year. I’ve tried to break them down by category so it’s not so overwhelming.
Plus Size Bikinis
1. GabiFresh City Slicker Wrap Underwire (not for long torsos- I tried this and the proportions were wrong on me, but it looks amazing on others); 2. SwimSexy Aztec Bikini; 3. Torrid Ikat Print Top & Bottom; 4. City Chic Island Oasis Top & Bottom; 5. GabiFresh Neon Accent Chevron (this is what I’m wearing in the first photo. The bottoms are too low on me, so I’m pairing with a different bottom); 6. SwimSexy Junglebook
One Piece Suits
1. Ava & Viv; 2. 6th & Lane Colorblock (this has optional straps); 3. Old Navy Halter Swimsuit; 4. Lands’ End Aquasport; 5. Tropiculture Crossover Suit; 6. Torrid Chevron Print; 7. Torrid Peplum; 8. Fruity Suity
Tankinis and Separates
1. Old Navy Striped Tankini Top; 2. 6th & Lane Print Plunge Top and Bottom; 3. Lands’ End Wrap Top; 4. Old Navy Tie Bottoms; 5. City Chic Marrakech Top and Bottom; 6. Lands’ End Ultra High Waist Mini (this is the bottom I’m going to pair with the Chevron print bikini top)
Plus Size Swim Coverups
1. City Chic Harem Pant (I want to wear these with my chevron bikini top); 2. Lands’ End Quatrefoil Coverup; 3.Always For Me Tie Front Cover Up (Just got this one and it’s a great basic) ; 4. Sophie Theallet Open Shoulder; 5. Torrid Sarong; 6. Crochet Pants
Tips for Swimsuit Shopping:
- Golden Rule: If the suit doesn’t fit, it doesn’t mean YOU are flawed. It’s just the suit. Don’t sweat it and move on to the next.
- Do a little shimmy: The last thing you want to worry about when you’re in a swimsuit is if all your ladybits will remain covered. Shimmy and shake a little to make sure things stay in place.
- Mix it up: If you buy a bikini and one of the pieces doesn’t work, consider mixing it with a different piece. For example, the chevron bikini bottom didn’t work on me, but I found another bottom that will work. I still get the super cute chevron I wanted, with the comfort of a bottom I feel good about.
- Buy early: Since so many plus size options are online only (BOO!), make sure to order way in advance of your vacay. Also, some of the hottest styles end up going early in the season. I know there are a few that I wanted that I was too slow to snap up.
Any of these swimsuits strike your fancy?
DISCLOSURE: This post contains affiliate links.