Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through the links on this page and purchase something, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
If you follow any other bloggers or influencers, I'm sure you're heard all about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by now. It's a favorite of many because the sale is on new, fall items instead of reduced summer styles that haven't been selling. I don't know of any other retailer that has sales on brand new inventory, who will then put the prices back up as soon as the sale period is over.
Personally, when I shop the sale every year, I'm looking for pieces that are high quality, with regular retail prices that are usually a little higher than what I'd easily throw down on any given day. Why? I'm looking for staples that could last not only wear-after-wear during the upcoming season, but for years to come. Think jackets, coats, sweaters, jewelry, and accessories that will stand the test of time. The sale puts many of these items into a more palatable price range. There are certainly great deals to be had on more casual, affordable options. But for the focus of my selections here, I'm going for longevity and versatility.
I've linked all of these items below, but wanted to make some notes on why some of these are standout pieces for me:
- The blush boiled wool moto jacket isn't like anything I've seen before – the combo of the soft wool with the structure of the moto is interesting
- The two blue dresses (solid and printed floral) are both by Eliza J, which is one of my favorite brands right now. Good quality, excellent plus size fit, and the wrap dress is never going out of style.
- The khaki trench coat (Lauren Ralph Lauren) and the rich brown leather biker jacket (it's Badgley Mischka!) are both staples that will last for years.
- Kendra Scott is one of my favorite accessories brands, and there are several items in this sale. I'm wearing the solid gold version of the Diane earrings (top) as I type this, and like the option of this lighter weight filigree version. The Kirsten drop earrings below it would easily be an everyday staple earring.
- The flats are from Tory Burch and Cole Haan, and could last for years.
The Nordstrom Anniversary sale runs through August 5th. Sizes and certain colors sell out quickly, so if you see something you like, grab it before prices go up August 6th.
Are you picking anything up during this years sale?