Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through the links on this page and purchase something, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
We are on the cusp of fall and I am so excited about it! My favorite time of year is fall, which is a big reason why we’re getting married in the fall. Plus, I hate sweating, so the cooler the weather, the less likely I am to be glistening with sweat on the wedding day. I love pumpkins, apples, fall candles, and the colors of fall. And of course, I love fall fashion.
While you can always browse my plus size clothing directory here, there are some stores I find myself going to first when I’m looking to grab my first fall fashion of the season. I’m going to work on highlighting some of my finds. First up, some budget friendly plus size styles from Amazon.
Amazon Fashion can be a beast to filter through, with so many items coming from unknown or foreign sellers with different size charts. But, if you take your time and really read reviews and look at photos, there are many gems to be found! Plus, as a Prime member, many fashion items are eligible for free returns.
A note about Prime Wardrobe: this service is where you can order items in a box and not be charged for them until you try them on at home. If you want to keep items, you can do so and be charged. Or, you can return the items before the return window is up if you don’t want to be charged. In theory, this is a great service. In reality, I find the plus size brands to be extremely limited, and many items I find that I do want in Prime Wardrobe aren’t eligible in my size. For whatever reason, smaller sizes seem to be Prime Wardrobe eligible, but not my normal 3X/24W or above. Also, Prime Wardrobe boxes don’t ship as fast as actual Prime orders. It took me about twice as long to get a Prime Wardrobe order than it usually takes for a Prime order. For these reasons, I choose to just purchase direct Prime vs. Prime Wardrobe.
Anyway, onto my current affordable plus size favorites:
- Maxi dress with pockets– many prints and colors available up to size 26 – both short and long sleeve. So many places you could wear this fall staple, no matter what sleeve length you get. Pair with a denim jacket and sneaks, or add a moto jacket and heels. For work, a cardigan and flats.
- EDIT: I got mine in the mail – the navy and orange one in the bottom right – LOVE IT. You can see a video of me in the dress here. The black long sleeved dress is the same product as this one, just a different “color.”
- EDIT 2: After receiving the navy and orange one, I ordered the black long sleeved one. It’s awesome as well. I will say that the fit of the 2 is slightly different, but I’d still say they’re pretty true to size. I got the 26 in both dresses. The fabric of the print is less forgiving (more of a slub knit than a stretch) which means it’s tighter in the chest. Not bad at all, but compared to the black one with more stretch, you can tell it’s a slightly different fit. The long sleeves on the black one are slightly loose on me at the forearms, but I’m still thrilled with it. I wore both dresses when flying – 1 on the outbound, 1 on the return
- EDIT 3: This dress also comes in 3/4 sleeve faux wrap. My friend Kelly got it and it looks AMAZING! I ordered it also. Shop the v/wrap version here.
- Event-ready maxi dress – I ordered this dress for an event and ended up wearing something different, but loved it so much I kept it for our honeymoon, and any other special event occasion. It’s a maxi dress made of matte jersey, and I would have expected to pay at least double for it. I have the bright coral red color in a 3X. Koh Koh brand plus sizes on Amazon are 2 for 2 for me – I had ordered this plus size cobalt maxi dress also (for the same event), and while I didn’t keep it because I was being extra picky, it was a really fantastic dress.
- Blanket scarf– While blanket scarves are an essential fall layering piece, it’s not essential to spend a lot of money on them (especially if you want a lot of colors or prints.) Save your money for the pieces that really need to be higher quality, like jackets or jeans. These blanket scarves come in a lot of colors and have great reviews.
- Lightweight long cardigan – I just ordered this in prep for an upcoming flight where I know I can go from warm to freezing in 5 seconds. It goes to a labeled size 22, so fingers crossed it runs large. Many great reviews, and a lot of colors. Will report back!
- EDIT: I ordered this in the 22 (I can range anywhere from a 24-28) and it’s too small. It fits in the arms and has good stretch and is good fabric, but I need more coverage to wrap in the front. I think it’s true to size.
- Short floral robe – I wanted a robe to wear while I got ready for the wedding, and took a shot on this one and it paid off. I ordered the 6XL, and would normally get a 26/28 in something like this and it offers plenty of coverage. So don’t get thrown off by the number on the size chart – it’s just a number! It feels really nice and there’s both an inner and outer tie, so I feel pretty secure in it.
- Elomi Cate Bra – Totally not a fall-only item, but Amazon has a great price on it. It’s my new favorite underwire bra. It gives really great lift and support – just ordered 2 more.
Want to see more of what I have purchased recently from Amazon? See my Amazon Influencer store here – it’s where I regularly add my favorite products from fashion to home and in-between.
Have you gotten any great finds from Amazon lately? I’ll update this post as I get the ones I ordered that I didn’t already own!