This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Floor & Decor. All opinions are 100% mine.
Back in December, I shared how Steve and I went to Floor & Decor to pick out the tile for our primary bathroom renovation. We met with one of their in-store designers, Natalie, for a free consultation. If you missed that post and want to read about how the consultation works, you can check it out here.
After the consultation, I felt good about the tiles we selected. Natalie quickly understood what we were looking for and it was really convenient because it meant that we didn't have to browse every aisle of the vast store on our own, piecing things together. Yet, because I am a perfectionist, I started to second guess things as I was about to put the order in.
My thought was: how do you know you made the right decision if you haven't seen all the options?! This is a common issue for me, so Steve wasn't surprised. So we made another trip to Floor & Decor to double-check that we wanted to stick with the options we selected with Natalie. I know many of you followed my Floor & Decor trips on Instagram Stories, and even shared your opinions which were really helpful.
So what tiles did we actually land on? See for yourself!
After spending a couple more hours in the store and online, we ended up using all of the tiles that Natalie helped us select! With the vast selection they have in-store, this really is telling as to how valuable working with the in-store designer was.
We did end up using them slightly differently than we originally thought, as the dimensions and desired finishes shifted. For example, the Provence Carrara Waterjet Marble Mosaic wasn't used as the primary detail around the entire room because the scale of the tile was too large. We incorporated it into the shower niche instead. We were originally going to use the Bianco Carrara Hexagon Polished Marble Mosaic as the shower floor, but I'm clumsy and didn't want to slide and fall, so we used it where the arabesque mosaic was going to go. For the shower floor, we went with an unglazed porcelain tile that has a good, grippy surface.
- Shower and tub surround tile: Pianetto Tauleto Bianco Polished Porcelain Tile
- Floor tile: Costa Bella Nero Porcelain Tile
- Shower floor: Unglazed Light Gray Penny Porcelain Mosaic
- Main mosaic: Bianco Carrara Hexagon Polished Marble Mosaic
- Accent mosaic: Provence Carrara Waterjet Marble Mosaic
- Trim: Bianco Carrara Marble Pencil
Getting all of our tile at Floor & Decor had a lot of benefits:
- They had all the tile we wanted in-stock. I tried to buy 20% extra in everything, but we ran a few short of the marble pencil and I was easily able to pop over there and get more. I can also return any excess, though I am keeping some extra on-hand if something ever happens and I need to replace a cracked tile or something. You never know!
- Once I knew what tiles I wanted, I was able to place the order online for pickup. I placed it in the morning and it was ready that afternoon for the contractor to pick up.
- We spent less than I had budgeted for tile! Even with what felt like a million pieces of marble pencil. The prices were really good!
- They had other items we needed for the installation like grout and Schluter trim.
To see more about the renovation, you can check out my full primary bathroom reveal post.
One of our large home projects we're going to undertake in the next couple of years is to replace our off white plush carpet with hardwood. Floor & Decor is going to be my first stop.