For those who are coming here from that link, the UK Facebook page, Rideout Photography, or other places, I wanted to give you some quick facts to introduce myself so you don’t have to read through hundreds of posts (unless you really want to)!
- I am a weight loss blogger who has lost 108 pounds to date, and have plenty more to go!
- I graduated from UK with a degree in Integrated Strategic Communications in 2003
- I graduated from the UK Gatton School of Business one-year MBA program in 2007
- While completing my MBA, my mom passed away at the age of 50 from complications of Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease
- I’ve been training with the help of Heartfit Lexington, Lexington Athletic Club and my friends Holli and Amber to help prepare for my first half marathon, the Run The Bluegrass half-marathon on April 3
- April 3 is the 4th anniversary of my mom’s passing, and is 2 days before my 30th birthday
- I’m raising money for the Kentucky Neuroscience Institute to go towards Parkinson’s Research. My goal is to donate at least $2,500
- My mantra is: “Run your own race.” No matter what the pace or how you get there, if you have the ability to make a change in your life or others lives, then you should. For those who have disabilities or illnesses beyond their control, we must do what we can in our control to help.
You can help me make a difference by donating here.
Thank you so much to the wonderful UK community, regular readers, supporters of this blog, and my friends and family who give me the courage to fight on.