Thanks to Trop50 for sponsoring my writing about fabulous bloggers. This year Trop50 is granting 50 Fabulous Wishes. Click here to enter for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous!
In my Google Reader, I’ve got over 100 blogs that I follow (and even more now that I met so many awesome bloggers at FitBloggin’ this weekend). I follow weight loss blogs, business blogs, fashion blogs, home decor blogs and more. I spend a lot of time reading the experiences and wisdom shared by others. I subscribe to various blogs because they usually do one of 4 things: motivate me to action, inspire and give hope, are thought-provoking, or are just downright entertaining. Also, if they feature pictures of things with sparkles, that typically will get a subscribe from me also. Blame it on my distraction with shiny things.
I wanted to spotlight five fabulous bloggers today. Do you follow them?
- The 99 Percent: This is one of my favorite personal development blogs – improving yourself for your work, life and future. I always leave this blog with ideas of how to execute ideas better, or how to improve my skills in order to present myself the right way.
- ShePosts: This blog leans towards mom-blogs (and I’m #notamom), however they still offer a wonderful array of articles about blogging, guest posts, sponsorships, branding and blog conferences. It’s interesting to read how companies are interacting with bloggers, and how we can improve relationships.
- MizFit Online: MizFit is wonderful, and a staple in the fitness blogging community. Her motto of “unapologetically myself” is downright inspiring and is something that I strive to be. She epitomizes authenticity, as I was so lucky to experience in person this weekend at FitBloggin’. And her arms are freaking uh.may.zing.
- PriorFatGirl: Jen, apriorfatgirl, was one of the first weight loss bloggers that I started to follow even before starting my blog. She has made an incredible transformation and openly share her triumphs and struggles. She and I both lost our mom’s too early, and I have cried in front of the screen after seeing her words of grief that are so similar to mine. After meeting Jen at FitBloggin’ also, she flew home yesterday only to have her house hit by a tornado. Dubyawife has a donation page set up for the tornado victims here.
- Who Ate My Blog: Stephen didn’t make it to FitBloggin’ this year, which might have been a good thing as I may have followed him around like a puppy. Stephen has lost over 250 pounds so far on his journey, and seeing him accomplish things like half-marathons and also talking about binge eating reminds me that while each of our journeys is different, we all struggle with similar things.
To see more blogs that I follow, check out my links of love list here. It is in no way inclusive of everything I follow, and is in desperate need of updating. Do you have my blog listed and you aren’t shown on my list? Leave me a comment below and I’ll include you in the next update which will be next weekend.
Why do you read blogs?
Don’t forget to enter the 50 Fabulous Wishes contest for a chance to win $1,000 to celebrate a friend with a refreshing attitude about looking and feeling fabulous. I was selected for this Tropicana Trop50 sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do. I received compensation to use and facilitate my post.