First, Happy Father’s Day to those pops out there! I know many who have lost their dads too young (as I lost my mom), so for those of you who are missing them, many hugs to you.
I have come across quite a few posts that I wanted to share this week:
- “The Biggest Loser”: Catching up with Season 8 superstar Shay Sorrells on PhillyBurbs.com: I may or may not have done a fist pump and an audible “you go, girl!” at the computer monitor when I read this interview with one of my biggest inspirations, Shay (can you believe it’s almost been 1 year since doing my first 5K with her next to me? Woah!). She refuses to answer questions about her weight anymore. Read to find out why.
- Your Weight is Not Your Worth on The Daily Love: If you were asked to describe your body to someone, what would you say? Would you describe it in a weight or would you describe how strong it is? This is a total struggle for me.
- Why Walking is a Good Exercise on FitSugar: I’m such a fan of walking, as I previously wrote. It’s free, easy, and requires no special equipment other than shoes. Here are some benefits of walking.
- The Building Blocks of Great Blog Design free e-book from Ryan of No More Bacon: Ryan is a weight loss ninja and a talented web-geek. He’s also giving, considering he wrote this free e-book explaining the building blocks behind blog design. I get lots of questions about how to start a blog, and this is a great resource for people to use when thinking about what they’re building.
- Why I Keep Fighting by Jen, a priorfatgirl: I wish I had much more time to spend with Jen at FitBloggin’ because once again, I feel connected to her through this post. To read my story about depression and suicidal thoughts, click here. I’m so thankful she shared her story.
And some food for thought this week: