Updated: Here are some more eloquii reviews posted after this initial one.
I placed my first eloquii by The Limited order on launch day, Tuesday. It was on my doorstep by Thursday, and I was excited to see how the highly-anticipated line would work out.
Unlike other stores, I ended up ordering what I liked, verus how I thought the particular brand would fit. For example, if I shop at Old Navy, I know there are certain dresses and sweaters that I should size down in. If they have any sort of chiffon, I know I should size up. These intuitions have been formed by dozens of purchases. Since this was my first eloquii order, I was shopping blind.
I'm such a nerd, I photographed the unboxing:
These were my purchases:
- Signature 3/4 sleeve wrap dress: I LOVE the cobalt color. I honestly didn't think I'd have trouble fitting in this considering I own many wrap dresses. Unfortunately, it was way too small in the waist and hips. They made me look like I was wrapped in sausage casing. It made me really bummed. The fabric was thicker than I expected, and I think it would wear well. Going back.
- Piped Tweed Skirt: I wanted this to work so badly. I love tweed, and love a-line skirts, but can never find any that fit properly. This was no exception. I ordered a 24, which according to measurements should have fit. I wear a 24 in Calvin Klein, Svoboda, Kiyonna, Lane Bryant, Michael Kors, etc. This was at least 3 inches too small in the waist. Like, not even remotely close. Going back after I stop throwing a hissy fit.
- Chiffon Ruffle Front Shirt: I thought this was a good all-year shirt for work. Wear by itself, with a cardigan, or with a blazer. The purple was pretty, and hot damn it fit. Photo below. Loved the slight stretch and the fact that the buttons didn't gape open. It got wrinkled a little as I wore it, but not worse than any other button-down shirt. Keeper.
- Pleated Sleeve Cowl Sweater: You all know I have my camel and black obsession- I think it's one of the classiest combos ever. I got this in camel to wear with black trousers to work. It was thin fabric, so I wore a cami underneath, but it was a total no-go. It was really short in the torso on me. Granted, I have a long torso, but it was a belly shirt. Blech. Going back.
- Super Opaque Tights: After my bad luck with most things so far, I didn't even open these. The size chart says the highest end on the weight is 275 pounds. I may have lost 113 pounds, but I'm not there yet. I kept them in the package for easy return.
Have you tried eloquii yet? Please share your experiences!