It may still feel like summer outside, but everywhere you turn right now, fall fashion is reigning. Fall is probably my favorite season, and I love that you can layer lots of things, use great textures, and still incorporate summer colors in smaller doses. Here's an outfit I'm looking forward to creating this fall.
The premise: Pair your yearlong-appropriate dark wash trouser jeans with a colorful or printed tunic from summer with a modern jacket or blazer and pair with fall booties and a metallic, versatile bag (metallic can act as a neutral).
1. eloquii Striped Peplum Jacket, $139
incredible detail, multiple textures, modern twist on a black jacket
2. NYDJ Michelle Trouser Jean, $120
stretch denim, dark wash, trouser cut, mid rise
3. MICHAEL Michael Kors Kimono Sleeve Tunic, $48.90
bold print, tunic length, shape at waist
4. Chevron beaded multi-necklace, $9.97
Longer necklaces proportionately-appropriate for the tunic length top
5. Coconuts “Bowery” bootie in cognac, $79
love the color and knot detail, wedge adds height without wobble
6. Steven by Steve Madden ‘Venice' Shopper in Pewter, $164.90
metallic acts as a neutral, hand-carry or use shoulder strap, large enough to fit all your stuff in it