Here's another accountability update from last week, with my standard warning:
WARNING: This blog is NOT a substitute for any advice given to you by your physician. Always consult your physician or health care provider before beginning any weight loss, nutrition or exercise program. Use of the programs, advice, and information contained in this website is at the sole choice and risk of the reader.
Now that’s out of the way, onto the weekly recap. Each item will be ranked 1-10 with 1 being completely off the rails and 10 being picture perfect.
- Food: 6/10 While at home, my food was great, however last week had me at 3 holiday soirees that included alcohol and some wheat (namely pita chips and bruschetta). I did much better in all 3 situations than I've done in a long time. I prepared for each by eating right before heading out and that seemed to help. Still not 100%, but could have been worse.
- Exercise: 6/10 Ended up with 2 strength and conditioning workouts (goal was 3) and 1 walking/cardio workout (goal was 2). So, 3 workouts versus my goal of 5. Will do better this week.
- Mental: 8/10 Felt pretty good mentally. Had a visit with the psychologist to check up with my medications for depression and anxiety and we're sticking with what's working for the moment. Felt good to socialize some and spend time with friends.
- Overall: 6/10 I'm going to stick this week at a 6 because I could have done better with workouts. I am not beating myself up over social drinks and food, but still could have done better.
Plan for this week:
- 5 workouts: 3 strength and conditioning; 2 cardio
- Lots of sleep and water: Woke up with chest congestion and was coughing all night, so I want to fend off whatever is trying to bring me down.
- No social outings planned, so should be able to stick to plan well. Planning a grocery store trip tomorrow – I find I get in trouble most when my refrigerator isn't stocked with the right things.
These are totally random, but this is what happens when I go out, I suppose.