I was just starting to feel a little less pressure on my workload after returning from my 2 weeks in Portland, only to now be ramping up again for my time out after surgery, which is Tuesday morning. I've never had surgery before so I'm a little nervous about anesthesia, but I know I'm in good hands. My doctor will go in my ankle and check out the damage on my posterior tibial tendon. She might mend it if there's not too much damage, or she may graft on another tendon to strengthen it further. I'll then have a platelet-rich plasma injection in the area to help with healing. It should only take about an hour and then it's no weight bearing on that foot for 6 weeks. Oy!
Anyway, here is a recap of things from this past week you may have missed:
My ramblings elsewhere on the web:
- Over on Spry, I discussed the benefits of nutritional yeast – it's a superfood!
- Also on Spry, I did a quick rundown of how to find GMO-Free food
- On the ENELL blog, I've got a 2-part post on essential running gear – Part 1; Part 2.
- Also on the ENELL blog, there is an intro to plyometrics
There were a lot of awesome blog posts up this week on some of my favorite blogs. Here are some of them:
- Is wanting to lose weight “fat shaming?” – Fit and Free Emily
- It starts with me – Run. Ride. Repeat.
- Big girl at the spa – The Tiffany Project
- What are YOU making fat mean? – Just Roni
I'm wrapping up day 8 of Whole30 and I'm on about day 10 since I had my Mirena IUD removed. I'll post a separate update to all of this if anyone is interested in how this Hashimoto's treatment is going.
Last but not least, a smack of reality that I really liked this week: