Labor Day sales always attract my attention:
- Ooh, this means fall is on the way, I need fall clothes!
- Ooh, those things I wanted all summer are now at a price I can afford!
Although I might want to buy ALL THE THINGS, and then try to justify it because they are on sale, I have some rules for Labor Day sale shopping (or really, any sale shopping). Take them or leave them, but this is how I prevent buyers remorse:
- Layering: Is this item sleeveless, super short, and totally unable to layer with tights, cardigans, and blazers for fall? If yes, skip it.
- Returns & Exchanges: What is the return policy for these items? If I can’t return for the same payment method, I skip unless it’s a store where I shop at least once every 8 weeks at. Nothing worse than languishing store credit. Or worse, a no returns policy.
- Seasonality: Does this item contain a super strong summer-only print that would look inappropriate in November? If yes, skip it.
- Buy Basics: Go back through the sale items again even if nothing super sticks out. Look for basics: tees, tanks, cardigans, jackets, pants. Things that can be layered, mixed, and matched nearly all year. If they’re well made and fabric you really like, consider stocking up during sale time.
- Accessorize: belts and jewelry are often all-season appropriate, so even if they’re being discontinued and liquidated for newer styles, they still have great value.
IGIGI Milan Plus Size Dress in Royal, $112.99 + LABORDAY13 for 30% off = $79.04
Kiyonna Caycee Twist Top, sale for $48 + VACAY for 30% off= $33.60
SWAK Lyla Long Sleeve Dress, $49.99 + LABORDAY3013 for 30% off = $35
Karen Kane Geometric A-Line Dress, on sale for $48 (regularly $112) + LABORDAY for 25% off = $36
Here’s a rundown of some good plus size Labor Day sales. I’ll continue to update this as I see more.
- eShakti: They are having a site-wide sale, where everything is 35% off. They have items from sizes 0-36 and do custom sizing. If you haven’t tried the custom sizing from them, this is a great opportunity to do so.
- Evans is having 20% off everything using code USTREAT.
- IGIGI by Yuliya Raquel: Take an extra 30% off select category by using coupon code “LABORDAY13”
- Karen Kane is having 25% off site-wide using code LABORDAY, plus 4-day specials.
- Kiyonna: They are having 30% off sale styles using coupon code VACAY. They have so many classic styles on sale right now, including my favorite all-seasons shirt, the Caycee Twist Top
- Lane Bryant is having 40% off online and in stores using code LDAY40LB. I would suggest looking at their wide calf boots.
- Madison Plus Select is having a summer sale that includes a couple Cabiria dresses. Did you know Cabiria is showing in the tents at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in September? Yay! Enter code SALE20 for an extra 20% off the sale items.
- SWAK: Lots of price reductions plus take an additional 30% off all sales and clearence items. Use code LABOR3013 at checkkout to save
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post