Summer is quickly approaching and that means it’s time to look for swimsuits. Don’t fret- there are SO MANY plus size options right now that even I was shocked. I’ve been a fan of the old standbys like Lands’ End, SwimsuitsforAll, and AlwaysforMe, but this year brings more great options from Kiyonna, Old Navy, ModCloth, Torrid, ASOS, Madison Plus Select, and many more.
I scoured the internet and pulled over 20 of my favorite plus size swimsuit styles for this year. There are MANY more that are great and might not have made this initial list, but I’ll continue to keep an updated board over on Pinterest if you’re looking for more options. It’s important to note that during swim seasons styles sell out pretty quickly, so apologies if you find one here that you like but it’s out of stock. Check the other styles from the store as they’re likely to have a similar aesthetic to what you were originally hunting for.
I have 2 styles this year that are my top contenders, so I’ll start with those.
1. Kiyonna Sand and Glam Illusion Swimsuit (also available in black): I love the mesh inset and coverage at the hips. I also love that there are thicker straps to keep “the girls” up and in place.
2. Elomi Ravana Wire-Free Swim Tankini: The print and colorblocking of this tankini top had my attention immediately. The sizing of the top seems to work with my measurements, but I wouldn’t be able to wear the matching Elomi swim bottom. I’d pair it with this Lands’ End Ultra HighRise Swim Mini in black. I love the extra control of this high waist.
Next up: skirted swimsuits. These could be tankini’s or one-pieces, but they all have some extra coverage in the hips, which is a personal preference of mine. These aren’t your grandmas swim dresses!
1. Jessica Simpson Plus Size Coral Fringe Tankini / 2. Becca Etc. ‘Morocco’ Halter Swimdress
3. Kiyonna Madison Swimsuit / 4. Land’s End Tugless Tank Scroll Sweetheart Swimdress
5. Torrid Skirted One Piece Swimsuit / 6. Lands’ End Isla Vista Lace Tankini
7. Always For Me Chic Prints Serengeti Twist Front Bandeau Swim Mini / 8. ModCloth All Adored! One Piece
Many women still prefer the classic one-piece tank. There are many solid options on the market, but don’t be afraid of the fun prints that are popping up this season!
1. ASOS CURVE Exclusive Swimsuit In Graphic Print / 2. Badgley Mischka Ombré Shirred Maillot Swimsuit
3. ModCloth Fruity Suity One Piece / 4. Robyn Lawley Pleated Underwire One Piece
5. Badgley Mischka Shirred Maillot / 6. Old Navy Cross-Front Control Max Swimsuits
Don’t fear the plus size bikini! If you want to bare skin and look sassy, these styles don’t disappoint. Even if you’re looking for a more modest look, some of the plus size bikini options on the market right now offer a great deal of coverage (high waists or skirted bottoms) with the slightest of tummy-baring excitement.
1. Torrid Tie-Dye Bikini Top and High Waisted Bottom / 2. Becca Etc. ‘See It Through’ Crochet Skirted Bikini
3. Josephine Swim Casablanca Bikini Set / 4. Monif C. Sao Paolo Fringe Bikini (may be sold out)
5. ASOS CURVE Bikini Top In Ombre Print
Don’t cover up with a big beach towel: there are so many gorgeous swimsuit coverups available that will keep you calm, cool, covered, and anything but smothered.
Want more? I’ve addd more on Pinterest:
What type of swimsuit are you looking for this year?
Disclosure: There are affiliate links in this post.