Hi! Coming to you super quickly to share 4 items I ordered from the Girl With Curves for Lane Bryant collection. If you follow me on Instagram, you're probably OVER me talking about it. But it's good for many reasons!
Here's why it's a big deal:
- I was 4 for 4: Do you know how rare it is that I keep every single item in an order?! Usually fit or fabric is off in some way or another, or I just don't like garments on me. Keeping 100% of the things I buy doesn't happen often.
- Styles look great on so many body types.
- Unexpected wins: Between color and *pants* this collection filled some major style gaps in my closet. I have an incredibly hard time with tops and pants (which is why 80% of what I own is dresses), and was able to find 2 tops AND 1 pair of pants that I loved. Super surprised
- It sold out incredibly fast (some pieces, within hours) BUT Lane Bryant is now offering store shipping, so you can now order nearly all the items online again.
- You can buy in store: So few plus collections can be purchased in nearly every city, and Lane Bryant is one of the few companies that has a wide retail presence. Go to the store and try these beauties on.
No fancy photos, just me and my iPhone, self-timer, and tripod. If you want to see these styles in-motion, I'll put a video at the end here. Sorry it's formatted oddly – I made it for IGTV.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you click through the links on this page and purchase something, I receive a small percentage of the sale at no additional cost to you.
It's rare that you see me in pants and a shirt here, unless it's a workout outfit! That's because pants and shirts are difficult to find that fit my proportions. These pants tick all the boxes for me: they are high waisted (see video below for my tummy view), and stretchy, but look like trousers. They are sleek and I know I'll get a lot of wear out of them.
My problem with tops is that I'm 5'10 and long torsoed. So many shirts look like crop tops on me. It's perpetual flesh belt city with me and tops. This one? PERFECT. Extremely long, but not sloppy in the least. Very comfortable. And the color? I've NEVER worn this color lilac before, and it's beautiful.
This sweater would be perfect with the high waisted pants from above, but here I'm wearing it with the jeans I happened to have on when they arrived. It is very long, and my favorite color of the moment – a rich marigold. The knit is comfortable, and very soft. The sleeves are a fun surprise.
This item was the fastest selling one in the collection, and it's easy to understand why (though, not so great in this photo! See the video below) It's navy, and can be worn as a dress or as a trench coat. It's a beautifully made layering piece, or dress on its own. This will be a piece you can wear for years.
I linked a few more items below from the collection. I'm trying to refrain from ordering more, but I hear the denim is amazing, and I have my eye on the floral version of the lilac blouse.