So, I’ve hinted here and there that I would soon be sharing my fat camp stories. Well kiddos, the time has come! My girlfriends teased me the other day at Bourbonfest that some of my funniest stories (and deepest secrets I tend to reveal when tipsy- blame it on the al-al- al-al- al, al-co-hol…) have to do with fat camp. In this post, I’ll introduce you to fat camp, and hopefully wet your appetite for posts to come 🙂
I wanted to give a broad overview you should know before I begin.
- Fat camps, just like people, come in all varieties. If you close your eyes and think about fat camp, what pictures do you see? What experiences are there? Seriously. Close your eyes. Do it!!! Now, comment on this post and tell me. I’m tres interested.
- Fat camps aren’t just for fat people.
- My fat camp had boys and girls (scandalous? you must wait and see!)
- “Fat camp” could be considered a derogatory term in the camp industry, but I refer to it as that because it’s easier to type than “health, fitness and behavior modification summer program.” I mean no offense. Truly. xoxo
- Fat camp made me the person I am today. If that’s a good or a bad thing, that’s for you to decide.
- Fat camps are expensive.
- I regard fat camp as the best experiences of my life. Yes, that was not a grammar mistake- experiences plural. Be prepared not only for funny stories, but for heartwarming goo over the next few weeks.
- In my fat camp follies, I will change the names of the participants in order to protect their identities. And to save my ass.
I hope that you’ll join me on my trip down memory lane.
Now what are you waiting for? Comment! I want to know what YOU think fat camp is like. And no cheating if you’ve been to one. Or if you know which one I went to. You can jump in when I start telling stories.
- Fat Camp Follies: A Primer
- Why Fat Camp?
- Arrival and Setting the Scenery
- 100 Shades of Red
- Pop Star
- Sneakin’ Around Part 1
- Sneakin’ Around Part 2
- Like a Moth to a Flame
- A blog is like fat camp
- Fat Camp Follies: Bathing Beauty