I may be running around throwing glitter and doing leaps around the house because I'm so happy about some blog changes that went into place this weekend.
You see, I am a blogging addict. Skinny Emmie was my first blog, and I had since launched my plus size fashion blog, Emmie Loves. I also have a sorely neglected blog on my more “professional” website and a blog on my company website, which is also needing some love. I spend at least 20 hours per week blogging personally, in addition to blogging for clients. Addict? Yep.
I started Emmie Loves as a seperate blog because I didn't know if my fitness friends wanted to read about plus size fashion and vice versa. In the end though, I feel like my personality has been a little split, and maintaining 2 blogs for fitness and fashion just wasn't working for me anymore. I wanted to represent myself on a single blog with all my interests, thus the precipice for the brand new look and feel of this blog!
Some of the changes you'll see:
- All Skinny Emmie and Emmie Loves posts will now appear here. Up at the top of the homepage, you can select “Emmie's Fashion” or “Emmie's Fitness” to see only those posts that interest you.
- There are multiple feeds for those of you who are subscribed to receive blog posts by email or feed reader. If you're subscribed to Skinny Emmie, you probably noticed a deluge of fashion posts enter the feed this weekend – this was a one time update to get everything together. If you want to subscribe ONLY to fitness or ONLY to fashion, you can!
- The sidebar is cleaned up and hopefully easier to navigate.
- You can subscribe to my twice-monthly (usually) newsletter from the sidebar. The newsletter is more of a friend-to-friend letter that is a little more in-depth or personal than most of my regular blog posts.
- It's prettier! *pets screen*
Back in February, I left my corporate marketing job to focus on building my social media consulting business, Authentically Social. I was run down, exhausted, and physically a mess from stress. I previously wrote about my leap to self-employment here if you want to check it out. I'm happy to report that it's been 6 months and the world hasn't ended! My stress has become much less and my body is continuing to recover from the effects of major anxiety and insomnia.
Along with this blog streamlining process, I'm also starting to streamline my business to seek opportunities with industries I love, doing work that I love. I only have 1 primary client opening right now, so thought I'd throw out my dream client in case you all know anyone or any companies who might be interested in filling that spot:
- Seeking clients that are:
- Fashion or fitness oriented; OR that are doing or producing something that is a personal passion
- Really collaborative
- Looking for long-term social media and marketing strategies
- Work I love doing:
- Community Management: monitoring competitors, brand mentions, responding to customer issues or promoting news, engaging stakeholders, building community
- Writing (articles or blog posts)
- Blogger outreach campaigns
- Strategy and planning sessions
Thanks for continually supporting my quest to live my best life.
Last but not least, I must give major props to Ryan Sullivan for making it easy for me to combine the 2 blogs and for making it so pretty. He's dabomb.