I have some really crazy dreams. Sometimes they're hard to remember the next day, but Friday I had one that still has me laughing. Perhaps there's some weight-lossey meaning behind it. Or I just have a REALLY active imagination.
See if you can follow:
- I was waiting for my turn to walk the catwalk in a fashion designer challenge. My designer was going last, so I had forever to wait. It was set in a building that had wide hallways like a hospital, white walls everywhere and pretty contemporary, some rooms with lots of fabric, and some rabbit rehabilitation pods.
- I had been up over 24 hours waiting for my designer to finish their clothes and was hungry, so I decided I'd eat some raw spinach. I ate the equivalent of a half a cup when someone “caught” me and said I would bloat and not be able to fit into the designers clothes. I rolled my eyes, laughed at how ridiculous it was, and went to a bakery (inside the same hospital/modern office building/fabric store place… which also had a bakery) and picked out a big cookie sandwich and took a bite of it to spite them.
- I felt a little sluggish after the cookie, so decided to walk laps around the mystery building. I happened upon one of the rabbit rehabilitation pods. Think like an extremely modern vet's office with glass cases of huge rabbits. 1 per glass (almost like a big fish tank). These rabbits were very soft and docile and they were in there to get better from some sort of ailment. You could help rehabilitate rabbits by taking them for a walk. So I took a huge white one with black paws (and when I say huge, I mean, bigger than a housecat) and went went for a walk (or hop) down a maze of hallways. It got so tired during our walk, I had to carry it back, which was hard because it was about 50 pounds and I was afraid of hurting it. But we made it back and he went back to his pod. I went to check on him later and thought I had killed him because he looked unconscious (eyes open but not blinking) but they insisted that's just how he slept and he'd be fine.
Then I woke up.
Seriously, where does this stuff come from?! I think it's a combo of: watching too much Project Runway, wanting to rebel against people telling me I can't eat something, and seeing this all over Pinterest:
Anyway, now that you know how crazy I am…
I got out of my medical wrap and boot for my re-screwed-tendon and it's feeling much better. Went to play tennis yesterday with the huge family of in-laws and had fun. The combo of me and bro-in-law #1 beat the winning of 2 other family teams, so we were the winners. I will fully admit that he did most of the running as I just can't go laterally with my brace on. My foot was aching and kind of cramping though as it was the first time trying out my new insanely fancy custom insoles while wearing my ankle brace. Thankfully it felt much better when I took it all off when I got home and the swelling was really minimal. I'll be able to get back to my regular workouts this week (haven't been to the gym in 2 weeks) so I'm looking forward to it.
This weekend I've been obsessed with green smoothies. I've really had a hard time with greens lately.
- 1 bag of Trader Joe's Organic Power to the Greens – baby kale, baby chard, baby spinach
- 1 banana
- 2 handfuls of frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Skin Authority VitaD Whole Food Spice Powder
- About 1 cup of unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
- About 1/2 cup of plain greek yogurt
- Stevia to taste (I used 2 individual packets)
You seriously can't taste the greens. Even my husband, who was disgusted by the appearance, tasted it and said he couldn't taste them. Nice way to throw back some green stuff when you aren't in the mood for chomping on leaves.