If you know me in person (or even just from on the internet for a while), you know I go a little bananas with the glitter over Christmas. I love throwing as much glitter as possible onto the Christmas tree, and my fur stole adorned silver reindeer (appropriately named Dame Fancy and Lil’ Fancy) hold a special place in my heart.
Each year since I’ve had my home, the Christmas tree has gotten progressively more blingy. It started out with some red and gold glass ornaments from Target, and a couple of spools of ribbon. This year, it’s dripping with glitter-covered reindeer, Ho Ho Ho’s (an homage to my last name), snowflakes, and even a glittered crab. Even with all the glitter, my favorite decorations remind me of something, or someone.
This year’s tree
Dame Fancy and Lil’ Fancy – these were a fun find from Target last year when I was feeling particularly lonely over the holidays. They know how fabulous they are, and keep their heads up no matter what… kind of like what I needed to do the past couple of years.
Steve was pretty nice to me this year, so he got a stocking of his own at my house.
1. This ornament made me cry my eyes out when my friend Lizzie gave it to me a couple of years ago. It’s filled with favorite things (including my Authentically Emmie logo) and is one of the most thoughtful gifts I’ve ever received.
2. This Starbucks cup from Disney World is from my nieces
3. Picked up this ornament while visiting the Biltmore this year
4. This fabulous shoe is from my divorceaversary trip to Las Vegas
5. My glitter crab, picked out by Steve when we were visiting his parents in New Jersey (Smithville is so cute)
6. This was from my Bunco group ornament exchange a couple of years ago – it makes me laugh every time I see it. Santa coming out of a wine barrel and it says “I believe in wine!”
7. These glitter reindeer were a purchase from House by JSD this year
8. My heart. I am so glad I had this ornament painted of Lilly before she passed. She loved laying under the tree, and her absence has been painful this year.
9. The night before we put Lilly to sleep, I made these ornaments (thanks to Amazon Prime for ultra fast shipping on the kit) – 1 for me and 1 for my ex (joint dog custody). She thought I was a little crazy for putting her paw on this thing, but she gave me kisses anyway. I hung it low on the tree, where she’d normally be napping.
Progression of a glitter addiction, but also the addition of many ornaments reminding me of people I love, and adventures taken.
Merry Christmas (from L-R) Dame Fancy, Lil’ Fancy, Steve, and I
Here’s to a happy New Year filled with kindness, compassion, and love.
(And maybe some glitter.)