Happy Thursday! I can't believe we're halfway through June. It's bananas how fast this year is going by. I can't decide if I like it or hate it. On one hand, it means I'm getting closer to moving and the excitement of starting a new home with Steve. On the other, I feel so frantic most days that time is slipping away without as much accomplishment and enjoyment I normally would. The lack of routine that's been caused by a long(ish) distance relationship, house updates, house showings, etc is just extremely unsettling. I'm a crazy creature of habit. When the going gets tough, I hunker down in my routine. Feeling routine-less for several months has led to moments of feeling quite disoriented. I feel like when I say this to people, they don't understand the magnitude. Anxiety, for the win!
Anyway, I miss writing and sharing. So here's a fast five for you – randomness perhaps. But real? Absolutely.
- Summer splurge: I've tried very hard not to spend money on clothes the past few months as to not add more to my house when I was decluttering for staging to sell. Lane Bryant generously sent me a gift card for my birthday in April and I used it during a sale to snag this Melissa McCarthy Seven7 dress. I totally stole the idea from my friend Kelly of No Thanks to Cake, who got the same print in a maxi dress. I've not been home for my photographer/friend Emily to take photos, so Steve had to play the role of Instagram boyfriend. The dress isn't available at Lane Bryant anymore, but I think Nordstrom still has a couple of sizes left. Amazon also!
- Here I come, NYC! I'll be in NYC next Tuesday-Thursday for some work. I'd love to see you if you're in the area. I'll be at the Gwynnie Bee pop-up, #gbflatiron, Tuesday the 20th from 6-8pm for a Summer Kickoff party. Details here. I would love to see you.
- Sale to shop: I love clothes. But I love Kiyonna clothes more than most! I have Kiyonna items in my closet that are 5+ years old that I won't let go of because they are super high quality, fit beautifully, and last forever. They currently have an additional 50% off Sale Items with code SAVING50. This expires June 19. In addition, you can get a free SPANX Power Short with orders of $150 or more. No code is required for this, meaning you can get BOTH offers if you purchase by June 19. If you don't want the sale items, you can still get the free SPANX through June 26th. Fine Print: 50% off only valid on sale items in the Sale Category. While supplies last. Cannot be combined with any other coupon. Not valid on wholesale/military orders.
Included in this sale are some of my favorite Kiyonna items, including the Ciara Cinch Dress. It was $98, and now you can get it for $44.10 using code SAVING50.
- Work Grooves: Today, I discovered the “I Am… Tour Instrumentals” album from Beyonce on Spotify. It was just the wordless jams to keep my energy at up, without me trying to do the Beyonce runs… and failing miserably. Great for when you need a beat, but no words to distract.
- Laughter as Medicine: If you need a giggle break and are in a foul mood (as I was earlier today), Family Feud mishaps are a great way to go. Nekkid Grandma had me in tears.