So, my usual half-marathon training buddies are both occupied with other things tomorrow, so it looks like I’m going to attempt 11 miles on my own! I’m going to train close to my house in case my husband needs to come pick my ass off the ground if needed.
In preparation for the LONG solitude, I have gone through a workout playlist mania tonight. I posted before how much I love to work out to mashups, where DJs take various songs and mash them up into a new song. Here are some that I just added to my training list for tomorrow. I’ve estimated the beats per minute for each song in case you use that to pace yourself.
- Norwegian Recycling – Close Your Eyes [Katy Perry vs. Flo Rida ft. Akon vs. BEP vs. Snow Patrol vs. Mike Posner vs. Jason Derulo vs. others] (about 124 bpm)
- Marc Johnce – Report On The Floor (The Way You Are) [Josh Strickland vs. Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull vs. Bruno Mars] (about 130 bpm)
- Divide & Kreate – Crazy in the deep [Gnarles Barkley vs. Adele] (120 bpm) I LOVE Adele, and any Rolling in the Deep remix I can find has made it on my playlist. My other current favorite is the remix by Jamie xx
- Bass Down Low (Dubstep minimix): 14 minutes of mashups including some dubstep (wrote about here) from DJ Schmolli (about 140-142 bpm)
I’ve also added these tracks to my playlist (not mashups). Links are for iTunes.
- Jennifer Lopez (feat. Pitbull)- Dance the Night Away (128-130 bpm)
- Britney Spears- Till the World Ends (132 bpm)
- Lil’ Wayne- 6 Foot 7 Foot (84 bpm, but you can easily go double time)
- P!nk- F**kin’ Perfect
- Jessie J (feat B.o.B)- Price Tag (87-88 bpm, again- easily done double time)
And just for fun, here is one of my all time favorite mashups, from Party Ben. Enjoy 🙂