You know when you see something that really tickles you and you laugh like crazy even though it’s not really that funny? That’s what happened when I saw this:
Quick story: When I was in grad school, I had a birthday party for a friend. We went out, had an awesome time, then everyone came back to my house for some more drinks. At that time, I was doing Atkins, which meant I was drinking hard alcohol (as opposed to wine or beer), and I wasn’t eating sugar or flour.
In my drunken stupor around 2am, I was sitting at my dining room table with my friend’s half eaten cake in front of me while my friend Jake and I bantered about something stupid. You know how alcohol impaires judgement? Well, I decided that cake was TOTALLY Atkins-friendly IF I removed the icing. No idea where that came from, but it made perfect sense to me. Jake and I peeled back the layers of frosting with our fingers while I ate the white cake underneath. It was really funny at the time…. until I puked. Lesson learned: Don’t drink and eat cake.
Anyway, here’s recap of some things from this week I’d love if you’d check out:
- I’m giving away a pair of eloquii by The Limited jeans for the low cost of a tweet! Enter by Tuesday at 5pm EST for your chance to win.
- There is a new plus size activewear line called AdoraOm. You all know how much I long for great fitting activewear.
- On the ENELL blog, I covered Running and Yoga
- Also on the ENELL blog, I share a story of regret from missing a 5k this week.
- I shared my recipe for sauteed cabbage – very yummy.
- I was reminded that I need to experience life more.