I remember the first piece of jewelry I purchased. Armed with money from my dad, I went into a jewelry store at the mall and picked out the most beautiful (to my 8 year old eyes) gold heart pendant for my mom. I thought jewelry was the best gift ever, and I was so excited to see her open it and love it. Every time she wore it, I felt special. Jewelry still has that same appeal, either as the giver or the receiver. Even if a piece isn’t fancy or expensive, I can put it on and remember who gave it to me and say a little mental note of gratitude for them in my life.
I tend to wear the same pieces of jewelry consistently, so I tend to gravitate towards these sorts of items for friends. I look for items that aren’t too trendy and will hopefully find a rotating spot in a friend’s jewelry arsenal! Here are my 5 favorite jewelry gifts right now (seriously, I *may* have purchased some of these already):
- A long necklace: I love long necklaces because they can be worn on their own or easily layered. You’ll see me wearing them in nearly every outfit photo on this blog – I love that they are easy to grab-and-go.
- Everyday drop earrings: These earrings are perfect for everyday. Make sure your giftee has pierced ears for these! If not, there are many clip-on options.
- An open cuff bracelet: While jewelry isn’t as hard to shop for by size as clothing, some of us with large wrists know the struggle of trying to get a bangle bracelet on. Play it safe with an open bangle, which has some adjustment and is easier to get on than jamming something over your knuckles.
- A personality piece: You know when you see something and are instantly reminded of someone? These personality pieces (be it a watch or something else) are always really fun to give, along with a note about why it reminds you of them.
- A right hand stunner: For that special lady in your life, these rings are gorgeous pieces that will last a lifetime.
Jewelry under, or on, the tree! (Can you spot my favorite ring?)
Whether you’re giving or receiving jewelry as a gift, it’s important to protect the investment with insurance. I have a hard time losing a pair of $10 earrings – much less a nicer piece of jewelry with significant value. Accidents can happen no matter how careful we are, so jewelry insurance is great peace of mind. I remember showing my mom one of the first nice pieces of jewelry I received, and she said “don’t wear that out – you’ll lose it!” All I could think was: “the last place your jewelry should be is in a jewelry box in your bedroom!” Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company has been exclusively insuring jewelry for more than 100 years and offers repair or replacement coverage for all types of jewelry and watches. Coverage includes loss, theft, damage and mysterious disappearance (unexplained loss), worldwide! No more buying travel fakes.
Also, don’t make the mistake of thinking your homeowners or renters insurance covers everything, and in all of these situations! With Jewelers Mutual, you get an extra level of protection that often goes beyond what may be covered.
Want to win some jewelry? Enter the Season to Sparkle Sweepstakes from Jewelers Mutual for a chance to win a $1,000 jewelry gift card, or other great prizes to gift or keep for yourself. (Don’t worry, I won’t judge if you keep it!)
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.