Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of ShelbyKY Tourism Commission & Visitors Bureau. All opinions are 100% mine.
When I was prepping for my move to Louisville from Lexington nearly 2 years ago, I quipped: “well, at least I'll be closer to the outlets!”
The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass, to be precise. For anyone who loves designer labels and discounts, this is a dream come true. The trip to Simpsonville in Shelby County only takes 20 minutes from my house in Louisville – that's less time than it takes me to get downtown some days! The Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass also has something downtown Louisville doesn't have a ton
Very quick access from Louisville and ample parking mean that not only is this a great place to visit with your friends for a day full of shopping, but it's easy and convenient to go to on a weekday if you need to see if Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5th has something that'd work great for date night. Or perhaps you want to pick up some jewelry from Kate Spade for a friends birthday. Or, you're like me and want to freshen up your wardrobe for spring with plus size styles from Lane Bryant and Torrid.
In addition to the stores mentioned already, there is a Gucci outlet. Yes, you heard that right. My favorite sunglasses (worn in these photos) and handbag (in probably half my blog posts) both came from the Gucci outlet in Simpsonville. The store is complete eye candy.
Other favorite stores at the Outlets include designer favorites Tory Burch, Coach, Michael Kors, and Cole Haan.
See the full store directory for the Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass.
Tips for Shopping at the Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass:
- Anytime is a good time to go, but going in the morning on a weekday is amazing. Stores are fresh and neat and there are fewer shoppers around so you can take your time browsing the stores.
- Check out the store directory and map before heading out to make sure you don't miss a place you wanted to go. The outlets are very well organized, but there are a lot of shops and I've missed some by not going in with a plan (case-in-point, the new 50 East Shoes I meant to visit the last time I was there)
- Stock up on gifts. Even if you pop in to shop for yourself, there are so many stores that have great items for gifts you can give throughout the year. I always grab some extra accessories or trinkets to add to my gift stash for birthdays and holidays. My friends know this is true based on the frequent gifting of Kate Spade at the holidays!
- Make a day of it. Grab your friends or family and head out for a fun day of shopping. Make sure to stop by and snap some photos by the painted horses and Louisville Slugger bats. Grab food at one of the restaurants, including Johnny Rockets.
- Chocolate makes everything better. If it's cold out, get a hot chocolate from Ghiradelli Chocolates. If it's hot out, consider their Nob Hob Chill, and add a shot of espresso!
- Wear comfortable shoes – don't cut your shopping short because of sore feet!
- Don't be afraid of the rain. While it's an open-air shopping center, each of the rows of stores has a partially enclosed roof. Take an umbrella, but you can still roam around!
Plus Size Options at the Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass
As someone who hasn't really ever loved shopping in malls because of the lack of stores available with plus size clothes, this place is a dream. For my fellow plus friends, I wanted to share some of my favorite stores that have amazing options:
- Lane Bryant
- Christopher and Banks
- Saks Fifth Avenue OFF Fifth
- Wilson's Leather
- Old Navy – not their full plus line last time I checked, but much of their regular line has XXL and up to 20
Details about the Outlet Shoppes of the Bluegrass
- Address: 1155 Buckcreek Rd. Simpsonville, KY 40067
- Hours: Monday-Saturday, 10am – 9pm; Sunday 10am-7pm. See current hours and holidays on their website.
- Full list of stores
- Follow on Facebook and Instagram
Photos by Emily Moseley